Mind you, I think that things like Bt have a lot of promise. I
strongly disagree with genetically engineer a plant to be resistant to
a brand of herbicide as Monsanto is doing with Roundup. On the other
hand, promoting naturally occurring resistance to pests that has
popped up in one species in another species could be beneficial. I
just think that we need to be very careful and go very slowly in this
area so that we get it right and don't get bit in the ass when a bunch
of these alterations are out in the world interbreeding with
non-transgenic plants. These sort of decisions aren't ones we can
easily just walk back, so I think it behooves us to take a more
conservative stance on moving forward than what would be preferred by
Monsanto and ADM.

Cheers,
Judah