Sounds like real life...though some of those things sounds like common
things to kids...like thinking certain things are weird.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dana [mailto:dana.tier...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:37 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: The hardest thing about homeschooling.....

Ha, public school does not, in my experience, bring much to the table.
I'm sure I'll be flamed for that, but here is what my daughter learned
at a public school:

yes you can be suspended for defending the developmentally disabled
student in your art class

smoking is cool

adults are allowed to take things from you and not give them back

tagging is a good way to express yourself

It doesn't matter how well you read, because the class will be taught
at a 6th grade level anyway

parents are clueless

so-and-so knows the number to get heroin delivered

Knowing anything about history is wierd

If you have ever been a champion at something, you do not want to admit it

Don't get me started.

Dana
-