I don't think they are exact equivalences, no, but I do agree that
politicians will try and make political hay, that's kind of what they
do being politicians and such. But my point isn't "why are they
attacking Obama", that part I get and I expect. What I don't
understand is why they are attacking him on this. It just strikes me
as politically tone deaf. There are other attacks that I've seen
coming from them that make a lot more sense to me, hitting him on
being a more detached, aloof sort of leader style, no meeting in
person with BP until just recently, etc. But apologizing to BP and
attacking a $20 billion dollar fund to help with clean up...money that
doesn't come out of the public coffers? That I don't get.

I suppose it could be just trying to play to their energy big-business
backers but I'd think that they would do that more privately. Maybe
I'm wrong. This one just confuses me though.

Judah