>I do wonder though, who's more corrupt and/or incompetent at handing
>out money, BP or the US Federal Government.  It's BP handing out money
>as they see fit, MAYBE slower than they should, maybe not to as many
>people as deserve it.  The other choice is the US Federal Govt
>DEFINITELY handing it out slower than they should, with more
>bureaucracy and probably losing half of it in the process.
>
>Neither give me the warm fuzzies.
>
>-Cameron

You forgot that most of what the federal government would hand out would go to
those who need it the least. The guy who's lost everything would fall through
the cracks but the guy with more money than any of us make in a decade in his
checking account would get a nice fat check. That scenario is at the very least
plausible if the government is handling it. I'm not sure BP would be any better
though.