Funny, I've been using ExtJS, and I always had the same problem with
the error isolation, until I got into the subscription-only forums,
where someone actually answered my question and provided a link in the
forum to a way to automatically include the source (individual) JS
files for Ext, which makes debugging far, far easier. There was an old
CF solution for the includes that I updated to the latest ExtJS
(3.2.1), here is the code below. I like Ext, but I don't appreciate
how they make you pay to get much in the way of useful help. I always
liked how Allaire, then Macromedia, now Adobe had free forums where
you could get help.

<script type="text/javascript"
src="/scripts/ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>

<cffile
    action = "read"
    file = "#GetDirectoryFromPath(ExpandPath("*.*"))#scripts\ext\ext.jsb2"
    variable = "doc">
<cfset docs = DeserializeJSON(doc)/>

<cfscript>
        tpl = '<script type="text/javascript"
src="/scripts/ext/{file}"></script>';
        pkgstruct = structnew();
    for (i = 1; i LTE ArrayLen(docs.pkgs); i++)
        {
                pkgstruct[docs.pkgs[i].file] = docs.pkgs[i].fileIncludes;

                if(docs.pkgs[i].file eq "ext-all.js"){
                        deps = docs.pkgs[i].pkgDeps;
                        //break;
                }
        }

        for(j=1;j LTE arraylen(deps); j++){
                for(k=1;k lte arraylen(pkgstruct[deps[j]]);k++){
                        jsFile = pkgstruct[deps[j]][k].path &
pkgstruct[deps[j]][k].text;
                        writeOutput(Replace(tpl,'{file}',jsFile));
                }

        }
</cfscript>