I'm playing with jQuery for the first time.

This is what I have developed so far.
http://www.ilsweb.com/games/demographics.html

I'm seeking guidance and experience, so that when I have completed this
exercise, experienced jQuery developers won't feel like this looking at
my code - http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/workaround.png

Question 1:
Is there a better way to directly bind fields together?  So that as soon
as field A or field B changes, field C which is A * B updates, even when
field A or B is updated by JavaScript|jQuery code from other
interactions, not direct user input.  As well allowing field E to update
which is field C * field D.

Question 2:
Is there a better way create multiple copies of a control such as the
slider I am using?  The completed project is going to contain sever such
controls, as many as a dozen controlling different input fields.

Question 3:
Is there an easy way to attach a tool tip feature to the slider
feature.  So that when a slider is on a specific value, a brief tip
appears?

Question 4:
A big part of this project is a section of the interface that will have
a number of controls determined recursively by previous controls value.
I.E. Display a set of controls N if field X in controls group N * field
Y in controls group N-1 is greater then 8000.  The value of field X in
each group of controls will be a factor between 10% and 40%.  Any
suggestions on how jQuery might help with some of this?

Question 5:
Any suggestions for jQuery forums that have at least a fraction of the
great House of Fusion qualities of friendliness, helpfulness and breadth
of knowledge?