Reach up, grab a cloud and write your name on it. Hook it up to the car so
it goes with you everywhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erika L. Rich [mailto:elr...@ruwebby.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 11:56 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: In the Cloud Virtual Office folder

OK.  The honeymoon is over.

DropBox isn't what I thought it was.

I thought it stored everything up there and nothing on the machine. Which is
what I wanted. A) to save harddrive space B) just didn't want anything
locally.

>From DropBox (after I asked about where the files are):

"No, if you want a purely off-site storage service, then I'm afraid you're
looking for something else. Dropbox is set up the way it is, for speed and
reliability. Speed in that you don't have to download the files every time
you open them, or worry about the upload whenever you save them. Reliability
because you can still get to your files and work on them, even if you're not
online when working on them."

I get that, and it's all good. But doesn't clean off my harddrives. Dropbox
is still worth it's weight in Gold, and I'm going to keep using it,
especially for that Firefox trick ...

BUT ...

I've got almost 100 gigs of data I wanted in the cloud to access whenever I
wanted to, from wherever I was, on whatever machine I happened to be on.

Yes, there is a new beta "selective sync" version of Dropbox which is
working beautifully for hubby's machine. He doesn't need access to all my
work data for example. But I want access to everything.

So, what are my options?