Let him stop picking up garbage and we will see just how little he does to
help his community...

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam [mailto:sammyc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 10:27 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Insane GOP opposition to repealing tax cuts

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Vivec <gel21...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The article mentions the man was happy having more time with his kids,
> more time to coach his daughter's handball team etc.
> So there are other things , more important to him than his job, which
> make him happy.
>
> Yet you belittle that;didn't read it; or intentionally ignore it to
> make a poiint. Or you plain do not understand.

Nope. My point is many people are happy having challenging careers.
This guy will do as little as possible to help his community and be
happy to get away with it. Not saying he's a bad guy, just that it's a
bad example of what represents happiness.

> It is for these reasons that I say here you can see the difference
> between the value system of America and Denmark, and perhaps the
> reason that people are more happy in the latter.
> In fact, that was basically what the entire article was about. A
> difference in value systems.

Because we work longer and harder than everyone else and we achieve a
lot more. That makes most of us happy but not all. But you have a
point, civil servants taking home 300k pensions after doing nothing
for 20 years are frowned upon. I know you will now claim I frown upon
all civil servants but how can I stop you.