On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Medic <hofme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ya, I was pointing out the irony about your statement compared to the fact
> that you have chosen CF, the easiest of all the languages. You seemed to
> think I was commenting on how you speak.

Talk about language abstraction, I had no idea you were referring to
programming :)
As another note, I probably write more PL/SQL than cf these days but I
do see your point.
CF helps me do more in less time.

> Hmmm you say:
>
>> > See here's were we have a problem. I never mocked the guy.
>

> Yet you also said:
>> A guy works five hours a day collecting garbage and he rates his happiness
> eight of of ten. If only my standards were so low.

You don't think he has lower standards? You think pointing out he has
lower standards is an insult?

> And also said:
>> Point is some people are happy being under-achievers. I think it's nothing
> to brag about.
>
> So it certainly sounds like you are mocking or belittling the garbage
> collector.

I'm saying some people have pride in their achievements, he is
bragging about his lack of achievement and ambition. Nothing wrong
with it but I wouldn't be happy living off of someone elses hard work.
Let's hope the extra time he spends with his children is to motivate
them.

> You're being a hater Sam.

Not at all.

> He's happy. Just be happy he's happy.

It's not about him. It's about the article.

> Or be happy you work so hard. I personally would love a chance to see my
> daughters 15 hours more each week. Might make me rank my happiness somewhere
> in the 8 out of 10 range.

I get home an hour after my daughter gets home from school and I put
in 40 hours.
I guess that's why I'm happy and a hard worker.