I never said he did. I use that analogy a lot when discussing freedom
of speech - and I think it is similar to the mosque at Ground Zero
issue.

I think its a stupid idea - I might even go so far as saying I do not
support the building of it - but I do support the freedom those
involved have to build it.

It is possible for you to disagree with what someone says or does and
still support their right say or do it. I may be wrong, but I am
pretty sure that is what Obama meant - at least that is what I took
from it.