I am not sure I understand your point. The Greek Orthodox church in
question is not being asked to re-build at a different location.

To me, this snippet shows how unrelated this issue is to the mosque issue:

"The church continues to have the right to rebuild at their original
site, and we will pay fair market value for the underground space
beneath that building," a spokesperson with the Port Authority told
Fox News.

The debate with the church is not 'can or should they re-build in that
location' rather, its 'who is going to pay for it'.

Once again, Fox is trying to tie these two issues together when they
are almost completely unrelated. The church has a beef with the Port
Authority of NY/NJ, yet George Demos is dragging New York City's
Landmarks Preservation Committee into the issue when they have nothing
to do with the church not getting the fund they were supposedly
promised.