On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Sam <sammyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Scott Stroz <boyz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The 'City' is not stalling anything with the reconstruction of the
>> church. The Port Authority of NY/NJ is NOT a city agency. And, it
>> seems the church may be just as responsible for the delays as any
>> other agency.
>
> It states the government has stalled.

They are completely different agencies dealing with different issues.
Not a fair comparison..and you know it.

>> Once again, as the article shows, this is nto a matter of can or
>> should they rebuild, but who will pay for it.
>
> Why do you keep saying that. PA owes the money to the church. When
> they release the funds the project can go forward and not before.

Not sure where you get the notion that the PA 'owes' the church
anything. Seems to me like they had a deal and, for reasons unknown,
that deal fell through. Its as likely the deal fell through because of
the church as it is that the deal fell through because of the PA.

Why can't the church raise its own money, either through donations
from the congregation or from the Diocese? The mosque is raising money
on its own and not waiting for a hand out.

>> I also do not agree the 'City' is moving at mach (not mock) speed to
>> approve the mosque, this has been going on for quite some time.
>
> Six months?

How long does it normally take for similar projects throughout the
city? If its quite a bit longer than 6 months then you may have a
point.

>> Try as you might to connect the two, you cannot, Fox news even admits
>> they are not related:
>>
>> "Though the particulars of the two projects are completely different
>> and on the surface unrelated,...."
>
> As I said if this was a mosque it would be different and you know it.

We do not know that. You can assume it, I will not.

--
Scott Stroz

http://xkcd.com/386/