"If we are going to be trading Constitutional rights, it seems like a fair
compromise. After all, guns are as responsible for tragic shootings as Islam
is for the 9/11 attacks."

>From what I have seen and read, most people agree that the right to build
the Mosque is legitimate.  I agree.

Many people question the site for a multitude of reasons.  One of the main
is that it is insensitive.

I would agree that showing arms around the site of a tragic shooting would
be insensitive and in bad taste  but well within someone's rights.

"and no Catholic churches near playgrounds!"

Nice.  Quick on your feet with that one.

-

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms those entrusted with
power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny -
Thomas Jefferson on government