Go look at a 5 year Dow graph please.

Beginning of Sept 2005, Dow was 10,200 and change.
Beginning of Sept 2010, Dow is at 10,200 and change.

Yes, that means that the market is unchanged for a 5 year look. On the
other hand, the market bottomed out at 6,600 in March of 2009. That
means that, in a year and a half, the market has gone up by 4,000
points. During a recession. Now tell me again how the market isn't
doing fine?

Please go back and read and try to understand the rest of my email.

Business investment in the US starts with consumer demand. Agreed?
What increase there has been in consumer demand has been absorbed
through excess production capacity. Agreed?
Hiring and capital investment will occur only when consumer demand
outpaces excess production capacity and productivity increases.
Agreed?

Now, tell me how tax cuts for the rich will increase consumer demand.

Judah