-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Munn [mailto:cfmuns...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 3:09 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Coporate profits higher than ever before in the wake of the
financial crisis

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Larry C. Lyons <larrycly...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And you keep complaining about adding to the deficit. By keeping the
> Bush gift to the rich it increases the total deficit by a lot. Letting
> the tax cuts sunset for those making more than "middle class" income
> does help a good deal towards reducing the deficit.

We have a structural deficit caused by out of control entitlement
spending that will never be cured by raising taxes. The point to
deferring the tax hikes is to encourage private sector investment that
leads to larger tax revenues.

Good luck trying to punish the top earners. Those folks have the savvy
to shield their money and will not take their punishment without
trying to punish Democrats at the polls in return.
************
Yeah...corporate entitlements...
**********

> Remember it was under the republican party's watch that we went from a
> significant surplus to crippling deficits, as least in part to feed
> the ego of a not so bright president.

Obama's deficits make Bush's look like penny ante poker. Democrats try
and use the so-called huge deficit of 2008 as a justification for more
spending, but the truth is a large chunk of that money from the TARP
program has been paid back to the government.

I think you need to look at the numbers again Roberts and see who raised the
deficit more (and it wasn't Obama).