I'm not quite sold on 3G connectivity. It is expensive and slow and I
use my iPad almost exclusively where I have a WiFi connection.

Typing on the iPad is so-so. There is a new input method for Android
that looks pretty sweet though, called Swype: http://www.swypeinc.com/

The Samsung Galaxy seems to support it out of the box, which is cool.
Android also supports voice input for most any text input which can be
nice in some situations.

A small tablet isn't going to supplant my laptop any time in the next
year for development. On the other hand, meetings, taking notes,
sitting on the couch and checking email..it's a nice form factor. The
iPad is on the expensive side for that. I only have one because we're
working on a business app for it. But the Archos 101 is only $300 and
that is starting to get more reasonable. Price pressure is definitely
trending things downward.

Judah