But no longer

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2010/sep/11/this-series-examines-important-issues-to-texans/

"Explain where you stand on evolution-creationism being taught in school."

I am a firm believer in intelligent design as a matter of faith and intellect,
and I believe it should be presented in schools alongside the theories of
evolution. The State Board of Education has been charged with the task of
adopting curriculum requirements for Texas public schools and recently adopted
guidelines that call for the examination of all sides of a scientific theory,
which will encourage critical thinking in our students, an essential learning
skill.