No way in hell will they be anything other than a disaster. They are
incompatible with WinMo 6.5 and with the weird Barbie phone platform
they launched already this year and the platform is a couple years
late. WinMo 6.5 is multitask but Win7 for phones is back to single
task a year after iOS goes multitask and Android stays multitask. HP
pulled the Slate tablet running Win 7 because the battery life sucked
and they bought Palm instead and are redoing a new version of WebOS
instead.

Microsoft will be running 3 different, incompatible, phone platforms
at once, the most "advanced" of which is single tasked and they have
yet to show they can manage battery life worth a damn. MS may get
something decent out the door at some point but I really don't think
it is going to be this year and I really doubt it will be the next
year either.

Judah