On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2010, at 2:33 PM, denstar wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
>>>
>>> that's news to me since I'm producing hd video.
>>
>> Did you just pull all your software off of an old machine?
>
> New install, only pulled docs from my old machine

Same here.

>> A clean install would *not* let me encode HD, and all the HD stuff is
>> paid plugins.  Nothing open source that I saw.
>
> What codec are you trying to export with?  h.264 will do HD on a stock iMovie
> install.  If you can't get the exact codec exported from iMovie, ffmpeg will
> get you the rest of the way.

Hmm, didn't think to try ffmpeg. *blush*

I was trying to export a bunch of photos as a slideshow that would
play on a BD player.  This was on another MBP, which had iLife,
actually.  I was able to do it on the windows side pretty easy.  I'd
like to figure it out tho.

Can you walk me through creating a HD slide show from a bunch of
photos, assuming that I have iLife (which I do, on the other MBP)?

>>> hmmm and since every mac comes with iPhoto which does importing and iMovie
>>> that's done HD video ever since 2006, I see an issue with your statements.
>>
>> OS X 10.6 doesn't seem to come with iPhoto.  "Buy iLife", it appears to say.
>
> iLife comes with all new macs.  It's not tied to the OS.  Older versions of
> iLife still run on Snow Leopard.

I must have just missed the install DVD then.  I'll look in the box
when I'm near it again.  Looking on the site, it's clear it should
have come with the MPB.

Pretty lame that the OS itself doesn't come with squat for digital
editing tools, I'MHO.  ;)

Wanna import photos?  Use the Preview app, and do 'em one at a time!
(Yuck!)  =)

:Den

--
To use the same words is not a sufficient guarantee of understanding;
one must use the same words for the same genus of inward experience;