"I like your idea.  I am not a big fan of one party holding both houses of
Congress and the White House.  Seems to grant them too much power. I like
the government powerless and ineffectual.  The country seems to do better
fiscally when fewer laws are being passed."

It should open things up for bipartisan cooperation.

Over the last 16 years, politics have become so bitter that I am not sure it
will this time.

-

Whenever you attack subversives of any kind, communists, fascists, even the
Ku Klux Klan, you are going to be the victim of the most extremely vicious
criticism that can be made - J. Edgar Hoover