The only thing voters should be told by a candidate are: 1. What have
they done to gain experience that makes them a good fit for the
position to which they are seeking election; 2. What they plan to do
if they get elected; 3. Where they stand on issues that are important
to voters. Period.

If the voters want to know about a candidates criminal record, they
can go find out themselves - pretty sure Michael Vik's conviction and
jail sentence are a matter of public record.