Lemme throw this out there...

I blew my knee out badly about 10 months ago, given my current
work/family situation I can't have it surgically repaired so I'm
wearing a very large brace on my left knee. The brace in question is
made out of aluminium and velcro, and I really cant take it off
because there's a pretty good chance of my knee going in a very wrong
direction and no one wants to see that nor do I want to further damage
the knee.

I set the metal detectors off *every* time, to the point that I tell
the person manning it that I'm going to set it off and why. I will
always get the secondary pat down because of it. I welcome a faster
method like a full body scan, so that I can get through security
faster and not be at the mercy of the TSA folks and how fast they're
moving that day.

I have to fly for my job, I can't say "no I'm not going to where ever
to teach because I don't want my personal rights violated". Anything
that allows me to get through security faster, I'm all for it......
for now..