Last September I flew out to Portland OR. At the Dulles airport I was
the recipient of a full body pat down because of my insulin pump, and
a false positive reading on an explosives detector (I guess it didn't
help that I had cleaned out the ferrets' litter box just before
leaving). The pat down was extremely intrusive to the point where from
now on given the choice I would go for a scanner every time.