I still fail to see how its 'different'. The information about Assange
was in government documents, just like the recently released 'cables'
- or is it 'different' because it happened to Assange?

What's good for the goose....., People who live in glass houses....,
If you can't take the heat....

Wow, there are just too many metaphors to choose from.

Let's not forget that this happened in England, not here, so I am not
sure what the SCOTUS has to do with this issue.