On 2/8/2011 12:16 PM, Scott Stroz wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Vivec<gel21...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Because it has changed more now, and more rapidly than in the past.
> Can you provide links that support this statement?

They are out there.  This is a horrible reference, but I saw a show once
that discussed research being done on ice cores from the Antarctic.
 From these cores they could provide a 200,000 year history of climate
change.  And the speed of the current change is a drastically faster
then any previous change in that history.

>> The unassailable fact is that the climate is changing, and it is not
>> changing to benefit mankind right now.
> Agreed, but how much of that is really the result of our behavior?

Not that is very much a more debatable point.  Yes the climate has
always changed.  But it seems to be changing faster now, than it has
ever changed in the past.  So there is a high likelihood that man is at
least accelerating the changes.

>> That is going to have effects on world food and world economies, as
>> well as several other things.
> Agreed, but again, how much if from us and how much is the normal cycle?

Even if it is a 100% natural cycle and nothing we do can make it worse
or better.  Saying that easily viable and noticeable changes are
bullshit and completely made up for the profit of some group or the
other is idiotic.  And really puts us in a bad place to try and mitigate
the risks and changes that are going to happen to human societies as
these changes start affecting things such as the world food and portable
water supplies.

>> On 8 February 2011 16:04, Scott Stroz<boyz...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I have yet to hear anyone explain how the climate changed so much
>>> before man had machines.

 From natural mechanisms that affect the atmosphere in similar ways that
man and his machines /may/ be affecting the atmosphere.