On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Ian Skinner <h...@ilsweb.com> wrote:

> They are out there.  This is a horrible reference, but I saw a show once
> that discussed research being done on ice cores from the Antarctic.

Agreed. Horrible.

>  From these cores they could provide a 200,000 year history of climate
> change.  And the speed of the current change is a drastically faster
> then any previous change in that history.

And wrong.

> Not that is very much a more debatable point.  Yes the climate has
> always changed.  But it seems to be changing faster now, than it has
> ever changed in the past.  So there is a high likelihood that man is at
> least accelerating the changes.

Seems? You are really using that in a real discussion to make your point?

> Even if it is a 100% natural cycle and nothing we do can make it worse
> or better.  Saying that easily viable and noticeable changes are
> bullshit and completely made up for the profit of some group or the
> other is idiotic.

What's idiotic is the people that fall for this shit. Last year you
were crying the glaciers were melting and NYC was going to be under
water. Now your argument is too much snow. Don't you feel just a
little dupped?

> And really puts us in a bad place to try and mitigate
> the risks and changes that are going to happen to human societies as
> these changes start affecting things such as the world food and portable
> water supplies.

Let's start by banning drilling in the gulf and eliminating a shit
load of jobs. Just in case it's warm agai