On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There was no mention of the Atkins diet in the original post and
> neither he nor his diet are in any way relevant to the original post
> including comparatively.

But his diet revolutionized the no carbs diet which is now proven to
be a failure.
So claiming carbs don't belong in a diet brings in the Atkins diet.
Making it totally relevant. More relevant than any other diet or
eating style.

> The original post was about the American Heart Association's recommend
> diet and based on what happened to those monkeys, it may not be the
> best for you.

So you're claiming we should reduce carbs like Atkins suggested. Fail.

> Humans have only had easy access to things like table sugar and ground
> flour for about 100 years give or take - there's quite a few millennia
> of evolution prior to that where we ate fats and protein with minimal
> carbs and certainly no fast digesting ones.

WTF are you talking about? I eat Matzas every f'n year to remind me
ground up flour isn't a new concept. Did you ever hear of rice? Aren't
noodles like 4000 years old?

> Even veggie things like avocados and coconuts have high fat content
> including saturated fat.

Who lives on avocados and coconuts?

.