On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Maureen <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do know people in the business, and my certainty of non-bias is not
> at the level it once was.  The success of Fox News and sites like
> HuffPo have skewed the entire landscape of journalism.   Even the AP
> Wire reflects bias in their articles, especially the headlines,
> although there is no consistence in terms of which side they are
> biased toward.

I can't believe you would compare Fox news to Huffpo. But I'm glad you
noticed some bias at the AP even though you don't recognize where it's
directed

> The uproar over NPR started when Soros offered a huge contribution to
> hire journalists, which the bobbleheads immediately decried as a

Actually Nixon wanted to defund it back in 1971 because he claimed it
was biased.

> attempt to inject liberal bias into the media.  In truth, they just
> don't want the competition, although I doubt Soros' motives were pure.

Competition? Just because people prefer to watch Fox doesn't mean
there's no competition.

>  I suspect Murdoch funding behind the anti-NPR campaign, although that
> is just my opinion and at this point I have no evidence. (hi Sam).

So you think Soros isn't totally pure but that evil bastard Murdoch
must have something to do with it.

> I never read the Post, or any other tabloid.  If I wanted to know
> about that stuff, I'd go down to the trailer park and watch it live

I wouldn't expect someone from Cali to read a local NY rag, except
when referenced.
What shocks me is you assuming all conservatives are trailer park
trash. They probably cling to their guns and religion right?