Take a look at Dave Ramsey, he has several books and a program called
'Financial Peace University'. He has some great ideas about tackling
debt. My wife and I are using some of his ideas right now and it makes
a huge difference.

Be warned, he can get a bit preachy about religion, but, to me, it was
easy to ignore as the rest of the information is quite valuable.