On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sam <sammyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So you're not going to respond> Just pick random points and claim they
>> mean other things?
>>

> What'cha talkin 'bout?  You said high gas prices were due to
> irresponsible Presidential monetary policy.

Actually it's the Fed that's printing the money.

> Now, I'm not so sure gas prices are correlated to this irresponsible
> monetary policy - it's probably unrest in the Middle East - but I'm
> also not sure I disagree with you about the policy.

Wasn't that you're point that the price of oil didn't change for the
Swiss. The difference between the S franc and dollar and Oil and the
dollar were directly correlated?

> But in either case, according to your argument, that would mean Bush -
> who had the highest gas prices on record and who also started the
> irresponsible policy(QE1)  - would be worse than Obama.

No. Oil prices went up during the banking crisis. Then went down.
QE1 was temporary during Bush but that was over two years ago. Now
they're deciding if they want QE3
Printing some dollars in a clutch is one thing. To have it become the
policy is something different.

No fears though, I just read in the AP that the recession is long gone
and people, the ones with jobs, can't wait to spend.

So the deal is we now have what? A $trillion in made up dollars on the
market, which means we don't owe that much money because we printed
it, but we still do owe triple what we did.How did that happen.
Japan needs to unload it's US bonds to pay for the rebuild. China just
said they're not going to lend anymore. They won't dump their bonds
because it will crash their economy, I think I've been saying that all
along.

So the dollar is so low that we need to devalue it. Or not. The people
socking away money are itching to spend it. They must have saved a
little security nest and now feel the won't lose their jobs at this
point.

The jobless recovery.

> So on that I point I do agree with you: Bush sucked.

You still on that?
You'll come around.