From: Cameron Childress [mailto:camer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 08:13 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: best free fax service?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Eric Roberts <
ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> I just use my printer...it's an all in one with fax.  You can get a
> fax line from Vonage for 9.99...

That works too, and is cheaper than eFax.  One thing I do like about eFax is
that I get faxes in email as PDF attachments, and I can fax something from
any computer, which is very handy when traveling.  These things definitely
don't apply to everyone, and it also depends on how often you fax things.  I
pay for an eFax account so that I can have a stable fax phone number, but
there are plenty of months when I don't send or receive a single fax.  I
still pay for the service though, so that I can keep the phone number.

Since eFax hasn't changed in a long time, I suspect there are plenty of
services that are better and cheaper, but the cost for eFax is still
(relatively) low so it's not a huge pain point right now.  If anyone has
better alternatives I would love to hear them.  I am not against changing my
fax number to use a better service.

-Cameron