I am saying, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with requiring ID
in order to vote (or even register to vote).

Unlike some others, I consider voting to be a right, but that does not
mean you do not have to work for it a little. Want to vote? Get some
form of acceptable ID. I would also be willing to bet that those
people you claim live 50 miles from the nearest place where they can
acquire an ID also live about 50 miles for the nearest polling place.