You need to do some reading on confirmation bias.  I fail to see how
gathering data only from opponents would be less emotional.  Also, I
am quite capable of looking at the information any source and doing my
own analysis  - sans emotion.

That being said - it is my opinion, based on 40 plus years as a
taxpayer - that anything would be better than the current system,
which does nothing but fatten the coffers of the CPA and tax lawyers,
and was designed by the devil himself.  How's that for emotion?