Cameron Childress <camer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would happen to the IRS?  Quadruple in size?
>
> Please show your math.

Just a swag considering all of the agents necessary to police all 4
borders and every point of entry for tax-free goods:

International DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc would all have to be inspected in detail ...

Airports, seaports, ports of entry would all have to beef up to
inspect baggage coming into the country ...

You'd have to whole layers of police to seaports for ships and
containers that could be bypassing normal retail channels, destined
for the black market ...

Like I said, MN has many (hundreds?) of lakes that straddle the border
with Canada and tax evasion is rampant: boats, beer, cars, industrial
equipment, and that's just the stuff I know about and I hardly know
anything about it.

So in a Fair Tax world Minnesota would probably be a booming economy!
Hmmmm ... maybe it's not so bad after all ..