Well, no, my assumption is not that we trick anybody; its simply that in order
to have demand people have to "feel" comfortable taking a risk.  That takes
institutions and a growing economy.  As an example think of buying a house -
that's a pretty big bold bet on the future of the economy!

As to whether the stimulus was Keynes or not, your talking point - because it's
not actually any type of decent reasoning - is wrong.  The stimulus was both
much too little and very politically targeted.  I.e. It was simply more
discretionary spending with a teeny tiny amount of stimulus.

Hardly Keynesian.  So no we haven't tried that at all.

However I'm sure you missed that part on fox news, what with all the Murdock
spying coverage that channel is blasting 24/7.

Sent from my iPad