Did it almost a year ago.

You have to be ready for a lot of handling of your junk by the nurse and
docs, and discomfort during the procedure, but nothing too bad.  It has no
effect on your "manliness" or testosterone or anything remotely like that.
 <1% or so of guys that get it done have a permanent feeling of pain, like
the after effects of getting a kick to the groin, but that is such a small
percentage.  I thought for a while that I was going to be in that
percentile for a few weeks, but the pain eventually went away.  Just
remember to do it on a Thursday or Friday, and take Monday off.  Plan on
spending the weekend on the couch, and don't try to get back on your feet
too early.  That can really eff up the healing process.  Grab a DVD set of
some show that you have been meaning to watch.  I took the time to watch
the entire Curb Your Enthusiasm series (which is awesome).

Oh and the meds they give you after are great! :)

I don't regret it.  You already have two munchkins around, right?  As the
oldest of three kids, lemme tell ya, I think two is a perfect number.  Go
for it.  Not having to worry about it is, well, you can fill in the blanks
(no pun intended).

Stock up on frozen peas.