On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 8:42 AM, GMoney <gm0n3...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Of course she could just have *her* tubes tied...
>>

> That's an operation on par with the guy's operation though, isn't it? I was
> just trying to think of something that was easier, nearly as affective, and
> probably cheaper.

Tubal ligation and vas deferens snipped are totally different levels
of surgery. A vasectomy is an outpatient procedure, mine was done with
a single incision in the scrotum, less than an inch long, local
anesthetic plus valium.  Tubal ligation, on the other hand, is
abdominal surgery, requires work inside on both sides of the abdomen
(tubes are far removed from one another) and is a significant recovery
time. I've recovered from abdominal surgery before and it sucked big
time. Vasectomy was a short visit on Friday and I was back to work on
Monday. Some lingering soreness for a couple days longer.

I scheduled my vasectomy for the World Cup (and Father's Day) so I'd
have something to watch. Mine didn't even require a urologist visit,
my primary care physician did it. Not a big deal.

Cheers,
Judah