She should be covered by insurance through the VA, called TriCare.
She'll also be eligible for survivor benefits when your Dad passes
away. I'm very sorry to hear that he's not doing well, that's a rough
situation.

TriCare info: http://www.tricare.mil/

Survivor benefits info: http://www.vba.va.gov/survivors/vabenefits.htm

She should contact your local VA department and they'll be able to
walk her and your Dad through the process of making sure that both of
them are taken care of in the remaining time he's around and that
everything gets taken care of after he passes.

As for Medicaid, hopefully she won't need it after you talk to the VA.
But Medicaid doesn't have age limitations, that's Medicare. Medicaid
is income-based, primarily, and qualifications vary state to state, so
you'd have to contact your local state department of health to find
out more info, but definitely contact the VA first.

There are some wrinkles that she might run into here and there with
the VA but they should be all surmountable if you do some research. I
had a friend who is a widow and she wasn't able to pay the deductible
on some of her brand-name meds and we were able to find a VA-sponsored
program that did medications by mail that dropped the price by over
2/3rds. Just took a bit of looking.

My best wishes to you and your parents in this difficult time. If
there is anything we can do to help, please holler.

Judah