Its quite active. I only get the digest from google groups but that
comes in a couple of times a day with typically anywhere from 5 to 30
messages in it, depending. Unlike Railo, which has the support of
JBoss/Redhat (I think its still a part of the community project there)
as well as its own company, Open Blue Dragon is mostly a community
effort. That said New Atlanta still have a couple of people on the
board, and have assigned an engineer or two in the past to work with
the community, but its really a community effort. You can download the
source code and compile it yourself if you're into that sort of thing.