I had a major blow-up with a long time friend who is a rabid Paul
support based on the stance on legalizing drugs when I tried to point
out to him that based on Paul's actual legislative record he is much
more conservative Republican than Libertarian.  Doesn't matter really,
because no way is he going to get the Repub nom, and no way is he
electable.  His stance on the Fed keeps the real money people away,
possible even causes them to actively fund initiatives to bring him
down.

I wish a the Libertarian party had a viable candidate.  I often vote
Lib in the local elections, but I have yet to see them field anyone on
a national level that I could support.

I actively despise what the Obama administration is doing to the
medical marijuana collectives out here, and while I might hold my nose
and vote for him simply because of that lack of better choice, I will
not do anything beyond that to support his election.