"Perhaps, but likely no more than that naive fools on the other side who
were slobbering over Caribou Barbie."

Sure there were.  That really goes without saying.

And there were others who actually liked her.

"Who is Peggy Joseph, and why should I care what she says?  I've never heard
of her, but if she truly felt that way, her ignorance was showing."

Peggy Joseph is a person who probably wouldn't have voted until the power
of "Hope and Change" got ahold of her.

Oh, and as side, people like Peggy weren't the only ones who fell for it.
 I work with some very well educated people who honestly thought Barrack
Obama would be different than other politicians.  That he would change the
nature of politics in the cesspool of DC.  Fortunately, I believe they know
better now.  I bet poor old Peggy doesn't.  I have, from time to time,
searched for her to see if she is still enamored with Barrack, but nothing
seems to turn up.  She's gone underground.

Here is the clip on why Peggy became famous or infamous:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

"Well, Gore won the popular vote in 2000, but Dole and Kerry weren't much."

Which doesn't say much about the electorate.  Or does it actually say a
lot?  Hmmmm.

"If they are supporting Paul based on his 'personal freedom policies', they
must be straight white men, because that is the only group for which he
supports personal freedom."

As I said, they like his anti-war message AND his personal freedom message.
 One thing I forgot to add was that they are completely disillusioned with
Obama.  They think, rightly so, that he is a huge sell out.

You are right though, they are white.  So, assuming your hypothese that
whites are the only group which Paul supports freedom for (which is bogus),
wouldn't it still be in their best interest to vote for him?

"Moderates, yes.  Conservative base, as I stated, no."

To some extent.  I believe a majority of conservatives will vote for him
because he is not Obama.  Back to the lesser of two evils theme.

"If it's dead, they should bury it, cause it's starting to stink u"

The leadership doesn't realize they are dying.  They know something is
wrong and are grasping at straws to fix it.  It's too late.  The party will
hang on and maybe even win a few more elections.  However, each cycle, it
dies a little more.  It political base is eroding to fast and there is
nothing to support the foundation.

-
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops
moving, subsidize it. - Ronald Reagan