"I guess I have a different definition of the words."

Generally speaking, the word "fault" carries a negative connotation.
 From a dictionary:  "responsibility for wrongdoing or failure."

So, you may use the word fault and view your actions in any way you want.
 I'll stick with the common vernacular.

I doubt many readers of the list will say you did anything wrong in regards
to your mother and that most readers would say that you did not kill her.
 You made a choice and were not a fault.

I am just guessing though.

"Zimmerman, it seems, pulled the trigger. He killed the kid. It is his
fault."

If, and again I repeat if, Zimmerman was defending himself, the criteria
for fault is not there.  There is no wrong doing.  If Zimmerman was
stalking Trayvon, was goading him, and then shot him, then he is at fault.

"He could have done things differently."

That's a different argument.  He could have done things differently and he
should have done things differently.  By the same standard Trayvon could
have done some things differently as well.  Since we still don't have a
clear story, we don't know what those things are yet.

"Is he criminally culpable?"

That's the million dollar question.  Unfortunately, the media and some
people want to give a verdict on the case without a trial.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton