I can see where you're coming from.

Slavery, sexism, the treatment of the Irish, Chinese, Women, Native
Americans and every other minority in our history.

Corruption, cronyism, nepotism.

However, there were, and even are, a great many things about this nation
that were unique and incredible.

I personally would like to see us try and live up to the ideals of freedom
and liberty that the founders of this nation held dear.  Yes it was flawed
both in concept (slavery) and implementation (Whiskey Rebellion, Shay's
Rebellion and so on), however I think it's intentions were of the highest
order.