"I think the meaning would be quite clear."

Nope.  Not at all.

Fascism did not start in Germany.  It originated in Italy.  It was quite
well received around the world

I am much interested and deeply impressed by what he has accomplished and
by his evidenced honest purpose of restoring Italy and seeking to prevent
general European trouble. - FDR speaking on Mussolini

Of course, Benito wasn't going around interning millions of Jews, Poles,
Gypsies, and other minorities.

The descriptions in the definition you presented can be attributed to many
political ideals, not just fascism.  Sounds a lot like the USSR under
Stalin or China under Mao.  Some of it even describes  the United States
under FDR (interning Japanese, creating the  2.5 million strong Civilian
Conservation Corps - which wore military uniforms, met at military bases,
worked under army sergeants, used military jargon, marched in formation,
slept in army tents, and woke to reveille-, using the FBI, the American
Legion, and Unions to spy on citizens and critics,  and so on.  Any
governing system can use these tactics.   Fascism has lost its original
meaning and now basically means "a view I don't like".

"Clearly the intention is not that things have gotten that far, but that
interestingly the precursors for such a movement are being fermented, most
visibly by the Republican party's promotion of enforcing extremist
religious views through legislation. "

I don't see it.  Maybe some people in the Republican party leadership, but
not the majority.  Most of the people I associate with consider themselves
Republicans and they are more "liberal" than the democrats I know.
 Basically, they want to be left alone and for everyone else to be left
alone.  Most of the Democrats I know are decent people though.  They just
think the government needs to be a little more involved in everyday life
than the Republicans I know.

"What we're seeing now from the GOP is not Conservatism as I understand it."

Of course it's not.  The GOP leadership sold out ages ago.  That's why I
try to differentiate between Republicans in DC and the citizen Republican.
 Same thing for the Democrat leadership. It sold out its constituents ages
ago.  That's why I think there will be riots in Charlotte this summer (see
Chicago 1968).

Another question:  Do you see a fascist tinge to the green movement?

-

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the
national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian
national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as
well-funded. - Barack Obama

When fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and black shirts. It
will not be with jack-boots. It will be Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts …
Germany lost the Second World War. Fascism won it. Believe me, my friend. -
George Carlin