I think the big issue is saftey...what happens if they lose control of a
drone...there is no direct human intervention availaible to avert it from
crashing into a busy street or into a school full of kids...yes, accidents
happen with manned aircraft, but at least then there is a piolt that gets
to be heroic and try to avoid an even worse disaster.  But the idea that
there are drones flying overhead watching our every move invokes a
dystopian scifi movie...not a democracy.