nod, what defused the situation at Michigan and Cernak as I saw it was that
protesters near the rear moved a barricade so they could move back and give
the front line protesters a place where they could move back without
trampling each other. I also heard but did not see that some of the
journalists and observers started yelling to the police that people had no
place to go and the police listened and backed off for a few minutes (?)
Not sure of my source on that though.