On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "The Occupy Atlanta group is a joke compared to the ones near Wall Street."
>
> I'd say that they are all a joke now.  The occupy movement started as a
> nice grass roots effort and has been compromised now, particularly by the
> unions.  It seems to be the American way.

That's really unfortunate, actually. No matter what you thought of the
original, grassroots message of the early occupy movement, they should have
been allowed to voice their message of protest in a...."pure" manner, for
lack of a better term.

Any large scale movement in America is bound to be compromised...and it's
message inevitably lost. It sucks because grassroots activism is a
cornerstone of our American freedoms. These days, while we still have that
freedom, it's doomed to fail before it even starts...so what's the point?

I'm sure there are a lot of decent, idealistic people within Occupy who are
just as disgusted with what's become of their movement as the rest of us.
Same can probably be said of some Tea Party folks. It sucks, but I don't
know what can be done about it.