I don't think the innuit went that far south. but Newfoundland has
about 10 distinct tribes, not including those that were wiped out,
like the Beothuks. But the area was lush enough to support a lot of
people. Moreover the Vikings didn't just stay in one place,  L'Anse
aux Meadows was just the first stop on the way from Greenland. From
there there's some evidence that they explored as far south as
Nantucket and Long Island. So they would have had ample opportunity to
share the wealth so to speak. So yeah you're most likely right, this
group of Vikings may have been disease free, after all the plague
never hit their areas first time around and its well before the second
plague.