Well, I have never been a proponent of democracy.  We certainly were never
intended to be one.

I don't want to be an empire.  I don't want to see our men deployed for
years and decades.  I want everyone to come home.  I think that's the only
other way this ends.  One or the other.  War or isolationism.  The middle
ground gains us nothing and costs us much.