"Well, I have never been a proponent of democracy.  We certainly were
never intended
to be one."

Amen.

Democracy leads to mob rule, something the founding fathers abhorred.

"I don't want to be an empire.  I don't want to see our men deployed for years
and decades.  I want everyone to come home.  I think that's the only other
way this ends.  One or the other.  War or isolationism.  The middle ground
gains us nothing and costs us much."

At this point, I think most Americans would agree with the isolationism.
 The politicians in both main parties living in the cesspool of DC,
isolated from their constituents, would disagree.

-

"I will not rest until businesses are investing again and businesses are
hiring again and people have work again," - Barrack Obama